Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kicking Frenzy

In Clear Lake, Iowa
  Well, I did not get everything done I wanted to today, but I did get to the office and then take an afternoon nap.  The baby had a kicking frenzy today.  The kicks would reverberate on the surface of my belly. Kick, kick, kick, kick.  Wow, that was the first time I saw my skin stretch and really move away from my body with the kicking.  Fun and exciting to watch.

  When I was hot and moving around in Iowa I started swelling so bad my ankles were unidentifiable.  The pressure socks are so wonderful.  Really, I get swollen when I walk or stand for a while and get hot.  My hands and face are swollen too.  I know I will be dealing with this until I give birth.  However, I am glad to report that on my annual trip to Iowa, which I usually gain from 5-10 pounds, I only gained 2.5 pounds!  So happy about that.  Happy about successful maternity shopping at the Mall of America too.  I laundered all of those clothes the last 2 days and it looks like I will have a good supply for the next 4 months.  Sweet. I am off to watch the Office while putting clothes away.  Someone has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment