Saturday, July 30, 2011

July Is Almost Over!

I can NOT believe that July is almost over?!  This month has flown by and I'm 6.5 months along already.  Crazy business.  I know things with having the baby and preparations are going to take off like a rocket in the next month.  The weather has been unrelenting with the heat and humidity since the 4th of July.  I thought with the start of this summer that we would never see warm enough temperature of Lake Superior to go swimming nor the humidity that is just looming all the time.  I cannot wait for a heat break.  Seventies without humidity would be a God send.

Thank goodness for my pressure socks!  I wish they made something for my swollen and numb tingling hands!  My sinuses have not let up with the drainage and congestion either.  After that smoke that looked like fog from the fires in Canada, I think the particulates in the air are still lingering albeit less visible these days.  The smoke made for good sunsets and terrible sinusitis.

Ready for my baby shower.  It is a milestone for me and I am really excited about it.  It is difficult to please everyone with such events and to have so much attention, but I am so happy that it does not matter.  We are having just desserts!  Our door prizes will be fudge, jam and Nisu bread, all locally made.  We will not be playing games per se.  I want just a laid back gathering of sweet treats and women talking about current events and possibly baby related stories.  I am tempted to ask for top 3 baby names from everyone, but that opens up a whole can of worms and I am going to just avoid that.  Fun, fun, fun.



Today before getting ready to go to a Sarazin cousin's wedding


I have a safari animal theme for my baby room.  Monkeys, tigers, alligators, giraffes and zebras.  I love it.  I already sewed the drapes and hung them.  I have two wall hangings and cling stickers for the walls. I am going to look for a rug or carpet remnant and get the crib.  Tony is refinishing a dresser and changing table.  Things are coming along.  Glad Tony is a trooper and hanging in there with me.

26 WEEKS!

  The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days.



No comments:

Post a Comment