Thursday, July 14, 2011

Motivation, Exercise, Reading & Sewing

So I have this problem.  Well it is a set of them really.  Today was encompassing a few all at one time and then I do not get much accomplished.  I have NO motivation to exercise or stretch.  I NEED to as I woke up this morning with a really bad charlie horse in my calf that would not go away easily.  I have had cramps in my calves for weeks now, but as soon as I feel the improper orientation of my leg and foot that leads to this I usually can move to avoid it.  Last night, however, I woke from a dead sleep because of it.  This stems from muscle tightness that is unresolved due to my lack of exercise and stretching.  Both of which I was doing regularly prior to getting pregnant.

Last night I woke up twice with numbness in my arm and hand, once with both arms and hands numb, tingly and swollen.  Today the swelling was constant in my right hand and the tingling and numbness was frequent, almost constant.  The swelling will just get worse, but there are no exercises and nothing I can do to make it go away.  My ankles were not swollen today at least.

When I go to Curves, of which I am paid for until November, I get round ligament pain each time so I stop.  The stretching always feels heavenly however.  I just do not want to have to get up and down from the floor anymore with the difficulty factor increasing daily.  I know I will feel better and my body will thank me, but I just cannot make myself do it for some reason.

This goes for sewing as well.  I have been procrastinating with the sewing project I was ready to do right before I got pregnant.  It seems I cannot just sit still long enough to do the work.  I get in a groove and throw myself into a project and I go days in a row until completion.  I just need to get the start and I can make it fly.  I just purchased fabric for drapes to sew and now I want to get into the mind set of sitting and getting it done.

I have 6 books I have been starting, but not finishing.  I now have a due date of completion coming as they are borrowed books.  I am going to see the owner within 2 weeks.  If we get all the thunderstorms they are predicting, I feel I will likely take advantage of the having to be inside time.  We will see if the forecast is correct or not though.

I wish I had a motivation buddy or exercise buddy that would call me up and make me go.  My sister could do that for me, but not all the way from Arizona.  Too bad.  Maybe Taylor could also, but still, she has the same location problem.  Ah, I miss my softball days when the field would call my name everyday.  The smell of the dirt.  The feel of running the bases.  The bat connecting with the ball.  Catching the ball before launching it to throw the runner out.  Warming up, stretching and throwing.  The post game hanging out and dirt that needs to be cleaned off before hitting the sheets.  The clean feeling after the shower when hitting the sheets.  Ah well, those days are behind me.  What is my next love of sport or exercise?  Hmm...

Going to see the final Harry Potter installment in the theatre tomorrow.  Should be fantastic.  I am watching the Grifters right now, but I'm going to go read some Sookie Stackhouse before bed.  Fantastic sunset right now.  Here's the picture from right outside my window right now.



These are roses from my yard that come back every year with no tending at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment