Friday, June 3, 2011

Oh what a gorgeous day

I am feeling good.  My sister is coming to Iowa with her family to spend the 4th of July and I could not be happier about it.  Cannot wait to go see everyone.  I plan to surprise most of them by walking in with my big belly.  So fun.

The weather was finally warm, hot really, after all the days of thunderstorms, rain, threat of thunderstorms, wind, breeze and now just warmth.  We went out to the property and took a wonderful walk.  The air seemed cooler by the water at first, but once we started walking the air turned warm and smelled of sweet flowers.  Tony skipped rocks along the way.  I went at my new slow pace.  I enjoyed the overcast clouds with the sun peeking through to paint the water pink or orange.  I love watching the clouds roll by out on the water.  Everything is so green.  The forget-me-nots are in full bloom and are everywhere.  It's like our own private knoll that we could just live in.  Ah, someday.

So peaceful and free to go for a walk.  So good to get moving.  We had to keep moving because the "May" flies have finally hatched.  I only got 3 bites.  They were more interested in landing on us than biting at this point.  Still, they were a minor bother.  No time for campfire today, but I foresee that coming.  Now to have some sweet dreams tonight.  Oh, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment