Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ebay, To Do List, Drawing of The Three, Gardening, Clothes Search

  What is not going on this weekend?  I just got an email from an unsatisfied customer on eBay after buying a modem from me.  I bought the modem on eBay myself and found out, despite it's description, that it could not work with DSL internet.  All I could do was plug it into the wall and see that the lights came on, indicating that power went to the modem.  I could not verify it could be "seen" by the cable signal of any company that someone wanted to connect it to.  Now the buyer, who bought it for 99 cents, is saying the cable guy could not get it to work and he does not have time to deal with it.  I wrote him back and said what I am telling you now.  What will be the resolution he wants?  I already paid this guy to take the modem off my hands because it cost more to ship it to him than it did when I initially bought it and paid for shipping to me in the first place.  I already lost money on this deal.  Good grief.  One more thing I need to deal with that I thought was over and minor.


I have been thinking about the vivid pictures in my mind about what the world would be like if inside the story within The Drawing of The Three.  I have dreams about it.  When working, I think about wanting to read it.  They just had a big shoot out on earth and then went back to the world that Roland is on while searching for the Dark Tower.  The second traveller is coming next in the story.  I remember who it is, but not how they meet.  Fun.


Today, I am planting sunflower seeds and purple rhododendrons.  So excited about the rhododendrons!  They only flower for a short while, but they are beautiful when they do.  I want some sun time and some exercise today.  Getting into the dirt sounds good.  Maybe not the bug bites so much.  We'll see.  It is 68 degrees and gorgeous out there.


I went maternity clothes shopping yesterday at Target and Kohl's.  Not much luck.  It's slim pickins out there!  I cannot believe it.  I heard it from other mommies to be, but did not believe how limited the selection is.  Everything is so ridiculously expensive too when you do find something that fits and you like.  Unreal.  There is definitely a market out there for reasonably priced, good looking maternity clothes.  I will go with what I have for now and hope I make it another month with what I have procured this weekend.  It means more laundry and repeat outfits.  It is only for 4 more months.  It is ok, I can deal with that.


Today on the to do list is: laundry, gardening, eBay response, research baby vehicles for purchase, water aerobics classes locally, Cabellas purse, giving books back to J. Jukuri and Marcie, thinking about what to get my dad for Father's Day, dishes and cleaning out my car for work tomorrow to find out if the purchase agreement offer that my client made on a house is accepted or countered.  There are many more things, but I'm sure they will not make the list because I just do them reflexively.  Things like making lunch and dinner, taking a shower, pre-natal classes, possibly Skyping with my sister and stretching.  Ah, and so the world turns...


19 weeks

How your baby's growing...

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

How your life's changing:

Think you're big now? You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come. As a result, you may notice some achiness in your lower abdomen or even an occasional brief, stabbing pain on one or both sides — especially when you shift position or at the end of an active day. Most likely, this is round ligament pain. The ligaments that support your uterus are stretching to accommodate its increasing weight. This is nothing to be alarmed about, but call your practitioner if the pain continues even when you're resting or becomes severe.
You may be noticing some skin changes, too. Are the palms of your hands red? Nothing to worry about — it's from the extra estrogen. You may also have patches of darkened skin caused by a temporary increase in pigment. When these darker patches appear on your upper lip, cheeks, and forehead, they're called chloasma, or the "mask of pregnancy." You may also notice some darkening of your nipples, freckles, scars, underarms, inner thighs, and vulva. That darkened line running from your belly button to your pubic bone is called the linea nigra, or "dark line."
These darkened spots will probably fade shortly after delivery. In the meantime, protect yourself from the sun, which intensifies the pigment changes. Cover up, wear a brimmed hat, and use sunscreen when you're outdoors. And if you're self-conscious about your "mask," a little concealing makeup can work wonders.

Lots of good garage selling for clothes, pack n play and baby tub.  I got my stroller/car seat combo from my mother in law as well as an old dresser that will be refinished.  Yay

No comments:

Post a Comment