Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

How wonderful to have a fairly relaxed Christmas together.  Adam definitely had a great time!  He loved any gifts he received and spent the day enjoying them.  It was so wonderful to see his happy, interested face when he saw Santa had come to our house.  He was happy to see an unwrapped present waiting for him and wanted to open more to see what else was there.  He truly wore himself out.  He played and walked, played and walked throughout the whole day.  He held on without a second nap until it was time for bed.  He did wake in the middle of the night stuffed up, could not breathe, teeth bothering him however.  He took a nice soothing bath and went straight back to bed.  Such a sweetie.

I enjoyed making the turkey for the first time in my life.  I learned a great amount and know how I would do some things differently in the future.  I tried to keep the cooking process as simple as possible not to complicate it further, but also I just wanted the turkey to be done well so no one got sick.  There were conflicting instructions as to how long to cook the turkey and I chose to use a lower temperature for a longer time.  I think it worked out well.  No one seemed to have complained.  Next year we are bringing sharper knives though.

I was so tired from not getting much sleep, Adam's contagious excitement and from the stress of cooking that I was completely befuddled after eating dinner.  I did not even feel like I needed dessert, I had my fair share of Hershey's kisses all day long.  I am glad the 2 kinds of stuffing, spiral noodle salad and brussel sprouts got done in time.  The only thing I would have liked otherwise is if everyone was healthy so they could attend Christmas happily.

Grateful for presents and blessed with baby number two, who is moving around so much today.  Will be interesting to see their personality as they are likely to be very different from Adam.  He is so easy going, cooperative, smart, interested and laid back.  Who knows.  Maybe I will get a great sleeper that loves sleeping in, playing with Adam.  Here's hoping.  Bed time

No comments:

Post a Comment