Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Man! Arizona was great



  What can I say about the past 2 weeks?  It was the best of times, it was the best of times... going to Apache Junction and seeing Tony's aunt and uncle and my dad was so fun!  We visited unknown-to-me lakes, drove treacherous trails, spotted the mountains in windy/sandy times, sunset, rainy/cloudy, sunny and sunrise times.  We experienced the beautiful blooming of all the cacti and ocotillo throughout the area.  We went to an Arboretum (gorgeous).  Went to various delicious restaurants.  Old Town Scottsdale is worth weeks of exploration of their art museums, shops and food delight offerings.  I recommend R N R and the Italian Grotto for starters.  Tony rode the trails with a mule called Maribella.  We swam in the warm pool water.  We experienced the warmth and wonder of all the Arizona weather offered to us until the day we drove to Tucson that was cold (40 degrees) and rainy all day long!  They do not know how to drive out in AZ when it's raining and they are driving 2 hours on a freeway to get from here to there.

  Tucson was so warm and temperate.  Not heated waters for our pool, but beautiful to dine outside and enjoy whatever else we wanted to do.  We went to Old Tucson, the Saguaro National Monument, grilled out with family, watched Taylor get ready for prom, stayed in a gorgeous house in Oro Valley, shopped in the Tucson and Foothills malls, and enjoyed many colorful sunsets.  I loved seeing my sister and her family.  They are so full of life and love for each other.  I just love being in their presence.  It does not matter what we do, just hanging out is enough for me.  Seeing my brother and his child was a welcome surprise.  So much eating and walking that the late hours of the 3 hour time difference made the whirlwind of time pass by so fast.  I loved every second of our trip, with the exception of the poor driving by the traffic driving to Tucson on the rainy day and the scary close tailgating/almost hitting me vehicles on Oracle road.  Ah, such a happy feeling turning in an in one piece rental car, every time.  Renting a house was the way to go.  Doing laundry, swimming if we feel like it, grilling outside, lounging in the couches to wake up to making my own breakfast in the morning and playing pool.  Good stuff.  With my niece's impending graduation from high school next year, we are contemplating 2 Arizona trips next year.  That would be fun.  It will depend on prices and timing.  We'll see.



  Now back into the swing of things at home.  Doctor's appointments, acupuncture, massage, work, cleaning, laundry, paying bills, catching up on TV, emails, moving snow, car maintenance, seeing friends and family, etc. etc.  I am excited and wary of the impending future.  I'm excited to go to wedding and baby showers, lunches with friends and going out to the property as soon as possible.  I cannot wait for Spring to finally arrive and stay.  This 1-4 inches of snow today and tomorrow is not my idea of Spring.  I want sunshine and clear yard and roads.  I am so happy we went to AZ when we did.  The weather really could not have been better and we could not have planned it better either.  So bittersweet to leave. Even Tony said he would miss Arizona.  I am rubbing off on him.  I loved that my sinuses were so much happier to be in AZ.  I am dreading the whole sinus pressure and headaches coming my way this week!  Glad our plane flights and driving were safe and successful.  Now, on to getting down to business :)  Leaning into the curve...

No comments:

Post a Comment