Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stormy Today

  We got to enjoy mid-seventy degree weather out at the lake today.  Loved the slight breeze.  We had fun watching the storm roll over the lake.  The lightening and thunder were at a distance.  The ripples forming on the lake from the wind picking up were fast approaching.  I had a good time.  Tony grilled great cinnamon chicken with asparagus.  He even got some coconut pie for dessert.  Very thoughtful.  I needed a little pick-me up today.

  The day was so productive for cleaning out items to give to Goodwill.  I also completed cleaning the shower/tub, did laundry, vacuumed, dishes, dusted, re-arranged Adam's room, changed the sheets, watered plants, etc.  Love how the house feels right now.  I know it will only get better as I keep going.  Next is paperwork organization.  My least favorite.  My desk is cleaned off, now it is to re-stock it with projects to be completed.

  Adam is so ready to walk.  He will push himself away from holding onto furniture right now like he already knows what he's doing, but he immediately face plants or falls on his behind.  That is how you learn though.  What a silly.  He did not go to bed until almost midnight tonight.  I have to get him up early tomorrow to ensure he will be sleepy for bedtime.  I discovered a toy that I had been saving until he was big enough in the closet yesterday.  He figured it out right away and now enjoys pushing the plunger and seeing the balls scatter or shoot out of the toy so he can chase down the rolling balls.  He now throws objects pretty well, across the room at this point.  Not excited to get a toy in the head, but I foresee that happening in my future at some point.  He also hits in excitement sometimes.  I am trying to curb that, but when he cannot understand me yet, he thinks it is just funny.  Fun stages.  Reliving childhood with him is great. (Smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment