Monday, September 3, 2012

So Much Going On






There has been so much going on it has been overwhelming.
My almost 10 month old son is weaning himself from nursing.  I am sad to see him letting go, but glad he is meeting his milestones.  He's crawling everywhere, letting go of furniture and dive walking toward us 3-4 steps at a time.  He is brave and tough, especially learning to walk.  He crawled and walked up stairs, is talking more, getting to be a picky eater already (does not like pureed food anymore, he's not a baby!), exploring fearlessly, loves outside and playing with others.  Leaps and bounds of new accomplishments for Adam.  So happy to watch him grow and change.

I had a personal first this weekend.  I ziplined for the first time into Lake Superior.  I loved it so much I went 6 times into the warm water.  What a perfect day.  Gorgeous red sunset and good friends and family to share it with.  I had a good time.

Today I had an allergic reaction to some unknown source.  It scared me and once again brought me back to everyday mindfulness, setting mini-goals, what life would be if I was not here tomorrow, enjoying every moment I get with Adam and Tony, meditation and trying to not sweat the small stuff.  It made me re-evaluate the direction my life is going and inspired me to get going in the direction I want to pursue.  It scares me I do not know the source of my allergic response, but I feel if it was going to be an anaphylactic one, it would have already happened.

Taking a trip to knock off another to-do off of my bucket list.  Going to see a Yankees game and Washington D.C.  I feel this trip is a cornerstone of directing how my life is going to go.  I'm excited and in awe of how profound this trip means to me.  Life is so short.  I want to make my impact, but stress less and indulge in exercise more than food and media.  Ah, the ways we comfort ourselves.  Coping skills are different for everyone.  My head throbs right now, so its time for medicine and bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment