Friday, August 23, 2013

New House

I have moved many times in my life.  I have not really felt like home many times, however.  Sometimes you move into a house and it feels like you are still a guest and it is never really home.  You know it's temporary and that you will be moving again, possibly soon.  When a place feels like home it just fits and feels natural from the beginning.  Our home we are moving from felt right in that the home gave me a positive vibe and was meant for me to live there for some reason.  This house, though we are not fully moved into it yet, already feels like a natural fit.  It feels like we have been living here for a long time already.  The sights are familiar and almost deja vu for the living room.  I feel like years spent here will be like home.

I want to make this place for our family, but I realize we can count our living here by the days, just as we can on our youngest's life so far.  It feels like Brian's been around for a long time, but it has not even been 3 months yet.  He is an old soul for sure.  Definitely meant to be mine and in my life.  Both boys will be strapping men when they are grown and I can already see the different personalities coming out.  I am excited to see them grow, but I know how precious this time is moving into a new home and to have a new baby.

I have been thinking about how my time will be best spent and it is with my family and not wondering about how other people fit into our family life.  Whatever the natural fit is for other people in our lives will just happen.  I am excited to move on to a "normal" routine in this house and want this long, drawn out move to be over.  I want to get on to enjoying the yard, house and neighborhood.  Love taking walks already.  Good for me hills and places to stop and play along the way.  Summer is a wasting.  Time to enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment