Thursday, March 7, 2013

Proof of Heaven

Proof of Heaven was suppose to be a book I read before bed that changes my perspective and gives me food for thought.  I have had such a hard time getting through this, it turns out to be the perfect sleeping aid.  I cannot make it more than 10 minutes before my eyes are so heavy I have to go to sleep.  It will take me a long time to finish this book.  Not a quick read by any means.  I am not getting any insights from it yet either.  I am hoping towards the end of the book something will spark in me from its message.

Adam is reading the alpha bet more every day.  He's up to knowing: B, E, I, J, K, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, W, X, Y.  Loving that he wants to read "AB's" all the time.  I sing the ABCs to him before taking a nap and now he knows he's going to "rock" and hear "AB's." He has gone back to throwing things.  As long as they can't cause too much damage I let him play, but I have had to take away blocks, cars and Weebles as those all can do some real damage to the house and myself if he hits me.  Happily, no lack eye or broken nose on me yet.  Happy he asks for help now more and more.  It saves the frustration outbursts that could ensue if he cannot get what he wants done.

Planning is at a snails' pace for building a home.  We are not on track as to where I wanted to be, but it is what it is and I am trying to go with the flow rather than stressing over it.  I just want to find out from the bank if we can work this out and move forward.  I dream of a new home for next fall.  Nothing better than that.  I know living minimalist and not wanting more makes life easier, but I want laundry on the first floor so badly I can taste it.  Ah, we'll see.

Acupuncture saves me again.  My muscle spasms have been terrible coming up on the third trimester.  When I left my appointment I can point my toes without getting muscle spasms in my calves.  I'm even getting spasms in my triceps.  I'm going to enjoy some cardamom tea to help with muscle relaxation.  Not too much.  I do not want the muscles to relax enough to let the baby start coming.  I know the baby will be here soon and all of my symptoms will go away with a whole new set of them.  Oh the sleep of it all, it's my nap time for sure.  It is another good day for a nap as the snow is still falling outside with 20 degrees.  I fell on my knee due to the ice outside the house today on the way back from my appointment.  Not really anxious to run back out there and walk on let alone drive on the black ice.  Oh, Spring dreaming.  Not excited for time change this weekend.  Am excited for the Home Builder's Show in Marquette though.  I think we'll go on Saturday for a day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment